Subject: Re: Julie Mayo's story (was Re: LRH and I) From: David Mayo Date: 1996/05/04 Message-Id: <4mfhsq$ff3@light.lightlink.com> Sender: electra@light.lightlink.com Organization: Art Matrix - Lightlink Electra Gateway v2.4 Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology Was sent 5/3/96, reposted 5/4/96 -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On Fri, 3 May 1996 12:58:55 +0100, Dave Bird---St Hippo of Augustine wrote: >In article <4mbrl0$ih9@light.lightlink.com>, Julie Mayo > writes >> I've heard the argument that the entirety of the philosophy and >>methodology of Scn is a scam. I don't think that is true. I also don't >>think so many smart people would have stuck with it if that were true. > > >I can easily beleive that it is self-deluding rubbish >and it still gets a large following. That never seems >to have stopped any other religion thriving. >But why should I bother undeluding the deluded? Life is short. > >My only problem is with the *actions* of >an *organisation* the Chur\\\orporation of Scientology. >I think we should define in a belief-neutral way what >it is they do in practical terms which is so objectionable, >then descend on them from a great height and stop >them doing it. If that can only be done by breaking up My sentiments exactly. That is what I and my brave wife have been concentrating on for the past many years. Not only is this approach morally and ethically sound, whereas trying to attack religious beliefs is not, it is far more likely to succeed. Historically, efforts to stamp out religious beliefs have merely driven them underground. Combatting illegal and anti-social conduct on the other hand eventually brings about social reform. >the preent organisation entirely, so that the decent people >go off and continue their beliefs elsewhere, then so be it. > > > >--Regards, Woof Woof, glug glug-- > X E M U * who drowned judge Swearinger's dog? > s p 4 \ |\ answers on alt.religion.scientology! > /~~~~~~~ @----,+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ >-;'^';,_,-;^; : : : : : : : http://www.demon.net/castle/x/xemu.html Rev. David Mayo (finger for key) PGP ID: 1024/4D5EE559 1996/01/04 PGP Fingerprint: 0D 69 92 87 79 2F 38 72 FE 03 CE 51 31 D5 6D E9 ***************************************************************** -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 iQCVAwUBMYqRHOmCyCdNXuVZAQGAbwP/Tu9XKIUsqZRObWFizpfnb+ojZUMPuFbT FJeD90ZqW2792Spyi/aw8IGL7yDYLOnZ/nIpAeO0hpiqMUMkkaRpKR9OOPCIprUj n10YwvvoHNgdqRCNYwaUYMimK7Q0l3B3WZStAIZAtfk75I3hQCLunjtJbMQbVGN5 KABu2gtL6zY= =4xpR -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----