Subject: My beliefs (was Re: Open Letter to Steve Fishman) From: David Mayo Date: 1996/05/04 Message-Id: <4mg544$9hm@light.lightlink.com> Sender: electra@light.lightlink.com Organization: Art Matrix - Lightlink Electra Gateway v2.4 Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On 3 May 1996 03:10:20 GMT, steve@swhitlat.com (steve) wrote: > >In article <4m94n1$b7q@light.lightlink.com>, David Mayo writes: >|> >|> On 28 Apr 1996 07:48:38 -0500, wbarwell@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (William >|> Barwell) wrote: >|> >|> >In article <4lo52j$g4l@news.dgsys.com>, alerma >|> wrote: >|> >>Dave Bird---St Hippo of Augustine (dave@xemu.demon.co.uk) wrote: >|> >>: In article <4kv2au$q1l@news.accessone.com>, MGreen >|> >|> >>: writes: [...] I'll get back to your other, more meaningful(?), questions about your beliefs about my beliefs, when I have the time. It may be enlightening discussion, too. In the meantime, you raised an important question: > > Are you willing to talk about hubbard some more? > Or, are you bound by the "auditor's code?" > > >Steve Whitlatch Steve, I am not "bound by the auditor's code", I am bound by my own integrity, my word and my honour. If a person has confided something in me in the past on the understanding that that would remain confidential, or if I as a case supervisor (which I was for many years) learned of confidences, I consider those inviolable. At least during the lifetime of the person and I have not yet concluded whether that confidentiality should extend beyond the person's death. The fact that Scientology has extracted information from my folders and used it against me (and I have proof of that) does not in any way change the above. After having spent nearly 25 years in Scientology(tm), I took a stand against the anti-social and often illegal conduct of Scientology organizations and their agents. In addition to taking a stand, I also have taken action against that conduct from about 1983 forward. I have written and given lectures both on the conduct I seek to reform and on points in the "tech" and philosophy that in my opinion give rise to that conduct. One piece of ancient wisdom that I think was (and is still) being violated, especially by the RTC/OSA branch of Scientology(tm), has relevance to your question. "The ends do not justify the means." Rev. David Mayo (finger for key) PGP ID: 1024/4D5EE559 1996/01/04 PGP Fingerprint: 0D 69 92 87 79 2F 38 72 FE 03 CE 51 31 D5 6D E9 ***************************************************************** -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 iQCVAwUBMYuWTOmCyCdNXuVZAQGdZAP/WgEheV3EA8byKOHLlEGJeAsjcZqiyLpy IG2FKWwYhN8vuGH01X3cWwDbpBUhKRlBHNtkfpKvwHzTmWNdEFGTRcTmABvtHl9o vduVZdRydM/4LVneF+PKeYyCqj6A9PY9qtNg0ZXj+dlxQwnZAMbjLuL7CBfJYxyY IIlro4EJ4Us= =W9Qb -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----