Subject: Re: LaVenda Van Schaick -- are you out there? From: David Mayo Date: 1996/05/15 Message-Id: <4ndtfp$rvo@light.lightlink.com> Sender: electra@light.lightlink.com Organization: Art Matrix - Lightlink Electra Gateway v2.4 Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On 15 May 1996 08:54:50 GMT, av282@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Martin G. V. Hunt) wrote: >Diane Richardson (referen@neont.com) writes: >> av282@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Martin G. V. Hunt) wrote: >> >> >>>Diane Richardson (referen@neont.com) writes: >>>> av282@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Martin G. V. Hunt) wrote: >>>> >>>> [snip] [more snip] >>>What the court finds is not very trustworthy where the cult is concerned. >>>I would rather believe Steve and his book; if you can find any factual >>>errors in it, please let us know. >> >> Well, Julie Mayo seems to have begun doing just that, Martin. I'm >> sure others with knowledge of CoS staff during that time would be able >> to bring up additional inconsistencies in the book as well. > >I've seen the inconsistencies "Julie" posted, and while David himself >suggested they were minor, I don't dismiss them so easily, as I've pointed Martin, I'm sorry if I gave you (or anyone else) a wrong impression. I did not intend to suggest that the inconsistencies were minor; they are major. I was using irony ("Was just details ... ") for emphasis in the context below enclosed in between &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& lines. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Sherilyn: >I believe the Mayos have pointed out one or two descriptions of people >and details of location and organization that don't match up well with >their own recollections. How significant this is I cannot say. Me: Was just details ... &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Rev. David Mayo "So many have fallen, yet so far left to go ... " (finger for key) PGP ID: 1024/4D5EE559 1996/01/04 PGP Fingerprint: 0D 69 92 87 79 2F 38 72 FE 03 CE 51 31 D5 6D E9 ***************************************************************** -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 iQCVAwUBMZp17emCyCdNXuVZAQH8bQP/W/Gl3Xvm8DDenti3oETjGIa0JHxSt2rY 17R0ZM5hHQe1O3I7bXOhxBEXnmlsoZCnND9usFkQLAOBjgMAGCzBPMBoN+935TAR +u+oFbpASJ6og6XcxXSVuSBfxYWCdo8h7L66gNBjVhm9VS4o0x4jN8Dhp6i+B5H0 bP0NiF60E9U= =Pm/l -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----