Subject: Re: Ease Off? From: David Mayo Date: 1996/05/28 Message-Id: <4odvsl$evq@light.lightlink.com> Sender: electra@light.lightlink.com Organization: Art Matrix - Lightlink Electra Gateway v2.4 Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On Sun, 26 May 1996 23:54:17 -0700, efischer@wimsey.com wrote: >In article <31A9191A.146F@arcadis.be>, Basics wrote: > >> efischer@wimsey.com wrote: >> > >> > so you see, i do indeed value your presence here. even though i cannot, >> > for reasons of my own convictions, value your beliefs. for as much as i >> > may like and respect you and your wife, i must consider your beliefs to be >> > dangerous. >> > >> > ef >> >> I strongly disagree with you here ef. I consider *your* beliefs to be >> dangerous. One doesn't need to 'disavow the tech' to 'prove' that he isn't >> 'cultishly' inclined. > >excuse me? i wasn't talking of "proofs" here. mr. mayo still practices and >propagates the tech. i believe the tech to be a sort of mind-control, a >sort of hypnosis... whether a more benign *self*-hypnosis, or one enforced >by an outside authority makes a bit of difference, yes, but i *still* Perhaps, you hadn't seen my reply [posted and emailed to you] when you re-iterated your *I* think false assertion. What bothers me is how you can practice heavily-asserted-as-fact lies, which in *my* opinion is a form of not-so-benign hypnosis; it is both highly suggestive and tends to control the minds of most of the readership here. > >>On the other hand, you are prooving to have a black and >> white approach, exclusive, radical and primitive way of thinking so typical >> of the cultic mindset. You obviously do not know what you are talking about >> and should better refrain rather than making a fool of yourself. > I didn't say that you were making a fool of yourself but I will go so far as to concur that "You obviously do not know what you are talking about " >i hardly think i am making a fool of myself. certainly people are free to >practice whatever the hell they want. but i do not have to like it. >because i too am free to believe whatever the hell i want. Does "free to believe whatever the hell i want." include all the statements you have made about me --which I sincerely believe are not even your ideas anyway but ideas that were suggested to you by someone else and which you accepted and published as facual? [p&m'd] Rev. David Mayo "With beliefs like yours, we can dispense with facts and all that tiresome verification." -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 iQCVAwUBMapp7emCyCdNXuVZAQGvIwP/bTswqGfZEpvi3ZWJrbmpG003ctrNIGhO o2zFy9U88KLgtAzOehm5Z9LIpgc6jZiIgUbED66tlJGhN/i24RkefjhbEYJG56yq 7kqpob/oJIeEKXCmilk51LceShSSyyJtkOtt7MAT4ByplmC7Qwu4U9iK5EC63uGk ayomBSpc56Y= =J0O9 -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----