Subject: RTC/OSA potential use of Fishman (was Re: Ease Off?) From: David Mayo Date: 1996/05/26 Message-Id: <4ob7k3$b59@light.lightlink.com> Sender: electra@light.lightlink.com Organization: Art Matrix - Lightlink Electra Gateway v2.4 Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On Sat, 25 May 1996 15:19:27 -0700, Eddie Wolfe wrote: >Rev. Dennis L Erlich wrote: >> >> seekon@ix.netcom.com (h3) wrote: >> [...] >Would you have thought that scienos routinely infiltrated various high >level govt. offices, removed damaging documents, and held one of their >own agents against his will after getting busted if you hadn't read about >Snow White? > The next para may not be exactly responsive but I think it worth mentioning, at least for the record. (My real reason for responding to this post is further below.) I wouldn't have thought this even when I was a *high* level member of the CofS (on the post of Senior CS Int). I did not know and only began to find out about that type of activity in the last years I was in $cn. At that time, I thought that I might be able to bring about a reform and gave it a rather good try (which as we all know failed and resulted in my imprisonment and punishment at Gilman Hot Springs). I still hadn't learned the extent of Snow White and Op Freakout, etc., until after I left $cn. Today, I know far more about such activities than has yet been revealed on a.r.s so it is no wonder that many are still uninformed and/or unbelieving about GO/RTC/OSA "ops" (operations). My guess is that I still don't know the full extent of it including what is going on today (and that really gives me the shudders). >They've done a lot of improbable things. If LS is so full of lies, why >isn't CofS suing Fishman? Because they're really not into that kind of >thing? Not because they are not into suing at the drop of a hat. Why they didn't immediately sue him was amongst the first things that I considered. There are obvious suits that could be filed, e.g., Lyman for defamation. So why didn't they? I can think of reasons. High amongst these is the opportunity that it gives RTC to file other "conspiracy" and/or RICO type lawsuits against those that they consider their greatest threats. I posted on this in another post recently (see Re: Lonesome Squirrel (part 2) thread). If you or anyone is not familiar with an RTC/$cn "conspiracy" motion, then read the conspiracy motion RTC filed against me, the IRS, FBI, one or two judges, me, my lawyers, etc.. They alleged a thirty year conspiracy! You gotta read it to believe it! (I think Julie and I sent it or part of to mgarde for her site --I don't have time right now to look it up, perhaps someone else will). The threat of such a "conspiracy" lawsuit, non-meritorious though it is, is very ominous to someone like me who is almost destroyed by years of malicious litigation and "Fair Gaming" --I can't go on defending frivolous lawsuits as I have no resources and $cn refuses to pay out on the attorneys fees and expenses award for previous bad faith litigation. Their response was to file a new lawsuit (also non-meritorious) which is scheduled for trial next month, June 24th, in San Mateo, CA. Other current litigants, (Erlich, Wollersheim, Lerma, possibly Ward & Henson) are also at risk, in my opinion, though some, possibly to a lesser degree. Can they afford more litigation? Maybe but I suspect not much more. Another major (IMO) reason is that $cn would love to get a.r.s labelled a "hate group". Recent news I've read about proposed litigation to deal with "hate groups" and terrorist activities would give (perhaps already does give) the govt and law enforcement agencies increased powers. While I am all for curbing actual terrorist activity, I am very concerned about increased powers because of the abuses of those powers that invariably follow. Furthermore, my wife and I have already been subjected abuse of such powers following false reports from the Fair Gamers. This is a very real and rather chilling danger. Fishman is IMO, no longer any threat whatsoever to $cn and they can pick him off at their leisure (most easily in his suit against them so they won't even have to file a new suit). However, since his actions are (unwittingly, I think) *aiding* the RTC/OSA cause, why should they? Far better for them to leave him alone for now or even to help him along. I am not alone in these gloomy forebodings. Dennis definitely and I think a few others (e.g., Diane, IMO), see these possibilities. Again, I am not suggesting that Fishman is an OSA plant nor that he is not. I am asserting that wittingly or unwittingly he has done part of their job for them. I repeat, I think he has not been acting alone but has been manipulated but I am loathe to name names in the absence of any shred of proof. Rev. David Mayo "So many have fallen, yet so far left to go ... " (finger for key) PGP ID: 1024/4D5EE559 1996/01/04 PGP Fingerprint: 0D 69 92 87 79 2F 38 72 FE 03 CE 51 31 D5 6D E9 ***************************************************************** -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 iQCVAwUBMakErumCyCdNXuVZAQFgBAP/f50In9d1BKKOnPccSPl+LGTvAtEm74cV plCkxgWfEnUngin8UEM448gOns5EpttGvknBeaGQ8q8q94p8xZxrENwayC47RX2y DEW2voKJ5BYQDQM4kTNlqxuwZyQNPxF3J0d4wS1LYZr7PcdH0g7XcNAxl5lLeBHU Gwm0UeOQdB0= =JncC -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----