Subject: Re: posting email? Dennis Erlich fucks up From: David Mayo Date: 1996/06/04 Message-Id: <4p2t6r$1be@light.lightlink.com> Sender: electra@light.lightlink.com Organization: Art Matrix - Lightlink Electra Gateway v2.4 Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On 4 Jun 1996 07:28:03 GMT, av282@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Martin G. V. Hunt) wrote: > >Dennis Erlich has resorted to posting people's email to ars >without permission in flagrant violation of netiquette. > >I will not be sending any more email to Dennis until he >forswears this disgusting behaviour, and opening apologises >to the people he has doen this to. > >Posting email has long been seen as a violation of privacy >of the worst sort, and people who resort to such tactics >without any provocation of prior violations or open threats >contained in the email have long been reviled by the >net community. When Steve Fishman posted a private email of mine on 3/14/96, neither you nor anyone else objected. When I pointed that fact out on 5/2/96, again no-one objected to Fishman posting email, nor did anyone join my objection to Fishman having misedited that email prior to posting it and neither did anyone but me object to Fishman falsely asserting that I had "been evasive". - --------------------------------------------------------- [from my post on 5/2/96, responding to Steve Fishman] On 3/14/96 you posted to a.r.s and a.c.t under this header: "Fishman > My Reply to a letter from David Mayo" (Note that you were replying to a letter, not a post.) 1. I had emailed you a private letter (which I did not save). In that letter I had pointed out that some of the information you were posting was incorrect. That is the only email letter that I have ever sent you. I sent it to you as a courtesy, to warn you that you were posting inaccurate information, and that I intended to expose RTC's similar false statements Instead of replying to that email, you posted an edited version of my email and your reply. You did not email me a copy of your post. [rest of 5/2/96 post snipped] - --------------------------------------------------------- Was posting private email "different" back then? Rev. David Mayo "There aren't any double-standards around here, all standards were thrown out long ago." "So many have fallen, yet so far left to go ... " (finger for key) PGP ID: 1024/4D5EE559 1996/01/04 PGP Fingerprint: 0D 69 92 87 79 2F 38 72 FE 03 CE 51 31 D5 6D E9 ***************************************************************** -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 iQCVAwUBMbT2q+mCyCdNXuVZAQGWsAP/UpNzcz2sWuz0NJF+4Up+rlkOhdx0WgbO cGg2xGrTA58rbAT7kxsHiJsa/QzGZubwT57qqAjDUaUhjpOqlL8A8/W6SzNk7ubD v012CO50SSE9LwOzghH6Eqmlts5KlpMpUxodaQWt6DMu6+hE4QHu/X1tDF8lQYV/ 84vNeM544z4= =cDTF -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----