Сообщение auditor »

Online auditing in any place on the planet http://timecops.net/english.html
ORGANIZATION AND ETHICS

A lecture given on
18 May 1965

Thank you for forgiving me.

What's the date?

Male voice: May 18, A.D. 15.

May 18th, A.D. 15, Saint Hill Special Briefing Course, Saint Hill, England, Earth, Espinol
Confederacy, "This part of the universe is ours!"

You don't know your address? Well, I like to give people their address and location.

Well, today I'm just filling in time. There's nothing much to talk to you about. Hardly any
data. As a matter of fact, it's quite the reverse. Some poor HCO Secs around the world are
beginning to stagger under the burden of new policy letters and that sort of thing that have been
coming out, and I should let you in on what that's all about. Very simple. They are the staff
status policy letters which add up to the equivalent of about eight staff statuses.

And on the new org board we are going to remedy an old, old evil in organizations by putting
on the org board the fellow's certificate initials after the name of the staff member, and then his
classification as an auditor, and then the Roman numeral which is his grade as a pc, and then
that is followed by an Arabic numeral which will give his staff status. And his staff status
simply depends on what studies he has completed on a staff checksheet, and it says, then, for
what staff rank he is now qualified.

Now, the way it happened in the past is, in trying to appoint somebody at a far distance, I was
utterly unable to plow through all the fog and unknowns and so forth to find out who was
there. But under the new system we will be swapping org boards around through the
organizations at a mad rate. And these org boards, of course, will be direct copies of the org
boards, so that in filling posts and that sort of thing, it is very simple just to look at the org
board and to find out, well, who's qualified for promotion.

And in that particular way, you'll probably see something like this start appearing on an org
board: "HGC Staff Auditor, HGA, VII, 9," see? Staff auditor. What the hell is he doing as a
staff auditor, see? You'll see one of the secretarial levels, and so forth: "B.S., blank, blank, 1."
Of course, you'd never get anything that bad. It'd have to be a deputy of the deputy of the
deputy, don't you see? But nevertheless, there is a slot missing on the org board, and here's
somebody fitted by training, and that staff status also includes a factor of experience, you see?
Now, to be a general staff member on the new org board, a person has to have-to become a
technical staff member-has to have a basic technical certificate, and that is earned in the
organization, and it simply has to do with some of the basic and fundamental facts of the
organization. That's all. It's a very simple thing.

And for an administrative staff member to have anything more than a temporary rating, they
have to have just their basic certificate, which is just the basic organization certificate-they
know where the comm center is, you know?-but nevertheless have to have studied for those
things and passed the little checksheet that goes with them. Then they're qualified as
provisional.

And a provisional would be a Staff Status I, and a provisional, of course, can be shifted. Now,
a provisional can be shifted about, don't you see, to balance up personnel and that sort of thing
rather easily. You don't have to ask his permission to do so.

And after a period of time, if that person gets his provisional status checksheet filled for his
next one, why, he moves up to a general staff member. And at that time, why, he has equality,
privilege and fraternity, don't you see? And you have to shoot him in order to transfer him.
You get the idea?

In other words, he has worked for and attained a position-well, he could be pretty sassy and
still have nothing happen to him. But then it goes on up from there. There are the ranks in an
organization-just the same old ranks there have always been. There's In-Charge: a rank that
from time to time we-this has popped up and disappeared, and so forth-we've called
something an officer. Well, an In-Charge would be the head of a subsection or something like
that. It's like Address In-Charge; you've seen that on boards, and so forth. Well, that's your
first and lowest executive rating.

And then there is the officer rating, which is simply the section. He's in charge of a section.
Like you have here the Cramming Section. Well, that would be the Cramming Officer.

And then you move up and there's three designations that don't have any status as such but
they are merely titles. So you understand that there could be quite a few titles on a board which
aren't associated with status.

Well, there's this thing called a communicator. That doesn't have any rank or status; a fellow is
a communicator, see?

And there's this thing called a deputy. You see deputy in front of a name-that doesn't mean
there's anybody appointed to it. A post can also have deputies that has a regular appointee. You
may see two or three deputies down from an HCO Exec Sec. You see? Deputy HCO Exec Sec.
Well, it doesn't mean a thing.

If the post is assigned locally by an organization, why, it may only be assigned as a deputy. If
it is appointed from Saint Hill, why, then that becomes an Acting, which is the first rank. And
for a while the post is held under an acting status, and then is held in a full status. The "Acting"
is simply removed. But you'd know, then, the difference between a local and a Saint Hill
appointment. Don't you see? Your local appointments are all deputy where they are executive
appointments. If they're Saint Hill appointments, why, then they are Acting or nothing in front
of it, you see?

That would be, for instance, say you'd have such a thing as Deputy HCO Exec Sec. That
would be one of the highest two ranks in the org. That doesn't mean any permanency of any
kind whatsoever. A small breath of air can come in the window and take that title off the board,
don't you see? Because it's not anything but an assigned title. It's just somebody filling time
until somebody can be put there or they can be confirmed, don't you see?

Then you see something like Acting HCO Exec Sec. Well, you'd know at once that that was a
Saint Hill appointment, and that is an official appointment. And after a short period of time up
to a year, why, that title is held as Acting, and then is wiped out on the Acting and becomes just
HCO Exec Sec, and that was a full appointment.

Well, when I say that there are some of these statuses that don't have any number after them,
don't you see, it's that type of thing, you see?

A deputy-well, that doesn't change anybody's number because they're a deputy, see? But a
person would have to have, in actual fact, the staff status of the post to be an Acting So
that's-they'd have to pass the checksheets about the organization, and so forth, in order to be
an acting appointment.

Two or three things can occur, then. You can take a person and put them on and see how they
do, don't you see? Well, actually, you can't wait for Saint Hill to investigate something while
the post of D of T is going begging, so somebody has to be assigned to this as a deputy

situation. Now, that may or may not be reversed by Saint Hill, you see? And so a local org
could fill up almost any post with a deputy rating. They don't have to consult anybody. But for
that post to have any meaning or draw the pay of that level it would have to be filled from Saint
Hill.

And of course, Saint Hill is enormously assisted on this now because the Department of
Examinations will be giving checksheet examinations for these, and right now are giving
checksheet examinations without the checksheet. They just take a blank piece of paper and
every bulletin the person passes and policy letter they pass, why, they give them an okay on
that as having been passed. Well, that's later transferred over to the checksheet where it
belongs.

So what I'm doing at this present moment is simply turning out the bulletins and policy letters
and materials which are necessary for these various statuses. And they look an absolute
avalanche, you see?

Here's your status for Director, your status for Secretary, your status for Executive Secretary.
Relatively undifferentiated, these bulletins are just pouring out. So one will be the theory of the
organization itself-the theory of its construction, how it is put together and why, don't you
see? Well, this thing is coming right out alongside of "Pens must be filled at nine o'clock in the
morning," don't you see? Well, of course, that's an HCO Exec Sec's status-theory of the
organization. How do you put it together? What makes it tick? There's an awful lot to know
that way.

Now, one of the things that's interesting about these status hat books that will eventually be
written-they're not now being written up in the form, but in the eventual hat book you'll find
it an interesting thing-some of these are now being put together-but there's a summary
paragraph which takes the whole department. And a little sentence will take up the section. That
will be the works.

That simply heads. You see? Well, we take Department of Review. Now, the whole function
and action of the Department of Review and everything that it does is all given in one
paragraph-thrirrrrp-boom! See? And then each one of its sections is given in one sentence-
prrirup. But that heads the write-up-the full write-up-which just goes on page after page
after page of the full write-up of the Department of Review and the full write-up of every one of
its sections.

Well, a person working in that zone, who is slated for that quarter of the org, of course knows
the big portions. But everybody else at a certain status level has to know the little paragraphs
and sentences. That's so they merely know what that's for over there, not how to run it, so that
they can work with it. They say, "Oh, yes. Yes. That's such-and-so section. Oh, yeah, well,
that's supposed to take the students and so forth. Yeah."

Well, actually, how they do that is quite remarkable but isn't included in the broad training
level. So, if a fellow gets assigned, then, to a department or a division that he has not been in
previously, why, in addition to that, his status might not be disturbed, but his appointment
would remain "Acting"- do you follow?-until he had mastered that particular division. And
that's why the difference between the acting and the permanent appointment. You get the idea?
You could take somebody from a permanent appointment, let us say, of a Director of a-well,
let's take the D of T. He's a permanent-appointment D of T. And you want to upgrade him, and
the post is open on Qualifications Division. So, well, the Secretary of Qualifications is open,
and there is nobody eligible over in that line for status or longevity or anything else for it, and
he's obviously for it, don't you see? Well, you could make this person Acting Qualifications
Secretary and then confirm it at the time when he had burned the midnight oil on all of the hat
books, you see, of that division, and at that m o m e n t , w h y , h e w o u l d b e c o m e t h e
Qualifications Secretary.

Now, that, you might say, is the long-range look. And true enough you've got to start
somewhere to bring order and organization into things. And it is definitely the long-term look,
and it's going to take quite a while to build this up. I don't imagine this will be in total
operation before next week. Ah, I'm joking there. I expect it'll be in total operation all over the
world by August, in full cry.

It's very interesting that orgs right now haven't got the org board yet. This is a foul trick on my
part. It was not meaningful and so on, but there were some other things that had to be gotten
out before you could get out the org board. And the org board shifted about a bit, and only a
couple of weeks ago settled down into some framework that looked very good and doesn't
seem to be a shifting framework at all. There it is.

And now it just depends on the thirty-seventh hour of my day in order to get it done, because
I'll have to letter it-write it up and letter it totally. I've just got it in rough draft right now. I've
got to put it in a more amplified rough draft and then letter it and then take it down to the
darkroom and make big copies of the thing and then shoot it out all over the place, and they'll
have their org board.

But this org board-bits and pieces of it have been released. For instance, the Technical
Division was recently released. Well, just their Technical Division. I just told them to get in a
Technical Division and appoint an Ethics Officer and appoint a Director of Examinations, see?
That was all. Just their Technical Division and that and that.

Well, I showed them a little picture in a Sec ED-maybe you saw the Sec ED-just a crudely
hand-drawn picture of the org board of the Technical Division. And that's quite adequate. And
I told them to put it over underneath where they used to have the Academy and the HGC and so
forth, and just put it down there in that form. Well, they'll get it up there and so forth, and then
they'll find this horrible thing occur: Then they'll find that they no more than have that
Technical Division more or less set up, [than] they start

to be hit by some of the traffic that's begun to move their ways. By the way, organizations are
beginning to move off of Emergency right now. London just moved off of Emergency today
and was highly congratulated for it. Other organizations are coming up, and things look pretty
good.

But Auditor VIII is going to hit in just a matter of weeks in their areas-to everybody in their
areas. And that's going to start building up traffic, and that traffic will build in toward that
Technical Division. So I'm trying to get them to get a Technical Division there, in order to take
care of the traffic, and get their courses and so forth stretched out just right, to take the heavier
traffic, see?

Well, that's dandy. They'll do all that. That's for sure. And they start moving traffic through
their Technical Division, and they'll realize they've got an Ethics Officer, and the Ethics Officer
will be finding his feet and straightening out the lines.

All the ethics really does is hold the lines firm so that you can route and audit. You see, all
ethics is for, in actual fact, the totality of its operation-it is simply that additional tool
necessary to make it possible to get technology in. That's the whole purpose of ethics is to get
technology in. Well, man doesn't have that purpose for his law and justice. He wants to squash
people who are giving him trouble. That isn't the case in the handling of Ethics. It's an entirely
different operation. And you'll find out it's a fabulously successful operation. And they'll
handle it with too much violence, and they'll handle it with too light, and they'll eventually get
it adjusted, and they'll eventually learn this fabulously simple point: that ethics is there to let
you get technology in. You see, it's the tourniquet before the doctor arrives. You got the idea?
It makes it possible to get technology in.

If an area is too enturbulated and there's too much chitter-chat and yip-yap going on in an area,
things are knocked apart and the people in it are being knocked around to such a degree you

can't get technical in. All you've got to do is just shut it up long enough, and say, "Down,
dog!" right up to the point where you can-till the auditor arrives. You get the idea? So you can
just hold that area. Now you straighten it out with ethics and then you get the technology lined
up. Now auditors start to audit with the process they're supposed to audit with, see? Now the
cases start to move through the HGC the way they are supposed to. Now the student begins to
go up through his courses and get the material he's supposed to. We don't have forgetful little
omissions like not giving them any checksheets or anything, see? And this technical goes in,
see?

Well, when you've got technical in, why, ethics-that's as far as you carry an ethics action.
You carry ethics action to the point where you get technical in, no further.

And it's interesting to me, by certain comparative figures, that the publication of a suppressive
as a suppressive person is apparently the equivalent of a public hanging. You get exactly-I'm
not speaking jokingly-you get exactly the same responses from the individual.

And there's something interesting about that. Over the years I found out that when you cancel
somebody's certificates-bang!-within two or three years he was back, straightened out and
doing fine. At the absolute outside, two or three years. But when you didn't cancel his
certificates, he wandered off and you never heard of him again and he went to hell. Now,
there's an interesting one for you. That's simply an empirical datum.

For instance, the other day. . I'm now checking off all mailings that go out from organizations,
and the other day I was quite fascinated to see a name as the featured Scientology lecturer at a
big open evening that was being advertised every place-a name. And five, six years ago, at
least that, he went around in one small circle, and he was pounding and screaming and howling
and that sort of thing, and he was going to do this and that and the other thing, and so forth. So
I just told him, "Well, your certificates are can celed, son. And by the time you see fit"-the
way we did it in those days-"to get yourself five hundred hours of auditing at your own
expense," I think it was, "why, we'll entertain giving them back to you."

Well, what do you know. At the time we used to do that, they always used to put on they
didn't care. They didn't care. But it's very interesting how glad they always were to get their
certificates back. That was what was remarkable. About two years went by and, by George, he
did get his auditing.

He did get straightened out. He's been doing fine ever since. And here he is, I noticed him the
other day, and so forth (just checking through literature), why, he's the organization's featured
lecturer at an open evening and so forth. In other words, everybody has forgotten about this
until I've reminded you. Do you understand?

When, in other words, you have exerted an orderly disciplinary action in some direction where
somebody is wrecking people and trying to smash up the org and trying to push things around,
for some reason or other putting a label on them brings them back. And if you don't do
anything about them at all, not only does the enturbulation continue, but they go off and get lost
and go to hell in a balloon. Isn't that an interesting thing?

So my data is quite positive in that direction that it is a very unkind thing to do not to try to
bring order into a Scientology area. And it's an extremely unkind thing to do not to give
somebody a hard knock when he's trying to knock down everybody else around him, and say,
"Quiet, fellow. Let's quit it now." See? It's very interesting.

Now, man, of course, has a tremendous reaction to something called justice and-what he
laughingly calls justice. But of course, man has no understanding with which to back up any of
these hangings that he commits himself to. In other words, he doesn't have real justice because
it has no end product. Its total end product is punishment. Its total end product is doing
something. Now, that it doesn't straighten out the community is manifest because-well, it
does some good perhaps-but it's manifest in the fact that crime continues to rise across the

world. And the crime statistics of the world today are going up much higher and faster than the
population is increasing. And it's such a worry to law-enforcement officers today that those
that I have spoken to, just within the last year, were in a very apathetic frame of mind, and they
just wanted to lie down and quit. That's a funny frame of mind for the world's best police force
to be in, isn't it? Well, that's because there's no end product.

Well, you put somebody in prison. So you put them in prison. So when you let them out of
prison they go steal another car and you put them back in prison. Do you see? Worse than that
they are incapable of doing more than worsening an individual with the type of disciplinary
action which they employ. So it has no end product but punishment, so it's just old-time,
MEST-universe "Punish everybody. Down with everybody," don't you see?

Well now, you try to bring in an ethics system across this line, of course you jar a lot of
people's banks. And that is quite easy to do, because of course those words are to be found in
the reactive mind as end words. So as a result you'll get a considerable reaction. But it's very
interesting that a much greater proportion of people in Scientology today favor a decent ethic
level and favor ethics actions, weirdly enough, than are batting back against it, because they see
that this will square things up.

Well actually, what it eventually does is get them better training, better processing, a better
organization and a better grip on the subject of Scientology and less abuse with it. That's the
exact end product of an ethics action.

And people will have to learn this along these lines in Scientology: that the total extent of an
ethics action is to get technology in. That's all it's for- and not for anything else.
Now, you can't sentence people to technology. That's quite interesting. You can't sentence
somebody to getting better. But you sure as hell can sentence him to not getting better. Because
after all, what are we doing? We are factually and only there, gratuitously as a matter of fact,
helping people to help themselves and to get better. That is our total action.

Now, nobody has got a pistol to our heads forcing us to do this, so the only thing that we
would do would be the normal thing which we would do anyhow. After a guy has made just so
much ruckus, we lose our desire to assist him. And that is really the basic expression of an
ethics action. It's simply an expression of this normal reaction of "We don't care to assist you
anymore" or "We don't care to assist you for a week or two. Let's you think it over." Do you
follow?

So the end product of an ethics action is to get technology in, and that's its total action.

Now, far from blowing up an organization, if you very carefully look over the ethics actions,
or the justice actions of organizations and huge governments and empires, and companies and
this and that, and compare these things, you find some rather astonishing data falls out in your
lap. It's so contrary to what you might believe that you might tend to discount it. But after a
while the data itself is too overwhelming.

The taut ship, the harshly-run empire, the viciously conducted regiment, normally has a very
high esprit and works like mad, can get itself out of most anything and survives practically
forever. And the sloppily run ones go by the boards quick.

I first got on the track of this in studying. .. Sometime, by the way, when you haven't anything
else to do, read Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. That's quite a thing. I
undertook that some years ago because I was having trouble sleeping. But I decided I would
read it from one end of that many-volumed volumes to the other. Read the whole thing. And it
was quite an interesting exercise. I hope I never get so ambitious as to start reading the
Encyclopaedia Britannica from one end to the other. But I will say I am running out of reading
matter now that Ian Fleming has picked himself up another body. May have to do it.

But I was considerably struck in this study by something I didn't understand at all, and I
couldn't make any sense out of it all, and it just left me gawp-jawed. Only long periods of
progressive rule and recovery from barbarian attacks and internal upsets were periods when the
emperor was a nut, just a sadistic boob. It doesn't make any sense at all. Now, a good emperor
would come in, and he was going to straighten everything out and get the roads open and do all
the progressive things he should have done, and he would be dead from within two to eighteen
months. He would have been assassinated and everything would have fallen in. And then
another bloke takes over, tortures everybody in sight, shoots everybody down in flames,
throws them to the lions and the elephants because just that afternoon he was bored.

Like Caligula: Some fellow was being king of the wood or something down somewhere south
of town, so he went down there with some bully boys and killed him just for the hell of it. It
was a sort of a shrine; he felt like desecrating shrines that day. He gave knighthood to his
horse. He was a chattering maniac. And he went on ruling.

Tiberius, a pervert-years and years and years, and he dies with his boots off, quietly in bed,
surrounded by his weeping retainers. But the next guy after that that says he's going to defeat
the enemy, and he's going to straighten out the empire and rebate taxes and do land reforms
and do all the good things that you think a good emperor would do-dead!

And I couldn't believe it. And that datum kept racking around in my belfry, round and round.
You know, and every once in a while, I'd-well, it had to be true. Because there it was. It's
part and parcel of history. So I looked it over and compared it to my own knowledge of the
subject; yeah, that was true. I never tried to run anything like that. Gee, you know, it just
didn't make any sense to me at all.

When I run an expedition or a ship or something like that, normally all the discipline that would
take place on the thing is I'd whistle somebody up on the bridge-without a normal mast or
anything that you're supposed to have, you know-I'd just say, "This is just between you and
me. You've let the side down, boy. Now what you going to do about it?" And he would tell me
what he was going to do about it, and that was the end of that. And I used to have very nice,
quiet, orderly ships. I never lost anybody doing anything. Quite amazing, see? So this other
didn't make any sense.

Well, apparently you could, if you were dealing very intimately with a relatively small group,
by the dint of personality alone, spread out an area of calm that everything is orderly in. All
right.

Now, I'll let you in on a secret. You is about ready to move out into that turbulent area called
de general public, and he's nuts! We're no longer just operating here, see? We've had our
troubles internally but they're always at the public points of the org. They're where the org is
hit by the public in general, see. Those are the points you can expect to go. Those are the first
lines to go out.

Well, the Registrar-pc line-just getting the pc to the Registrar's desk and getting the pc up to
the D of P-that is usually the first line to go. Well, of course, that's the Reception-public-
entrance line, the lines in that vicinity are always shattering. When I'm in an org I put that line
together about every-once every three months. It just completely disappears and goes to
pieces.

Well, that's an interesting thing, isn't it? I used to blame us-not very seriously, but I used to
think there was something dreadfully wrong with us, that we tried to put a movement of this
magnitude and wiseness on earth and could still be that enturbulated and knocked about, and so
on. I eventually got so I could look a little bit outside the organization, and I found out that we
weren't being knocked about-that's what's funny-compared to other things; they're really
knocked around. Yeah, but they're held with a brutal discipline to hold them in line at all.
They're stood right up there very tight.

But in our length of time of existence we've seen several organizations go to pieces. There are
several governments have gone downhill very markedly. They've become rather disorderly.
Crime ratio has gone up. The number of bankruptcies per the number of companies has
increased-increased-increased; it's going up higher and higher. The measures being taken by
governments are normally aimed at managers. They're trying to sort of put things out of
business. The enturbulation there is very great. The police officer has been less and less and
less able to hold things. And during that same period of time we've been more and more able to
hold things, and we have been getting better and better. And our organization lines have been
coming more and more sensible, and we have had more and more duration- that is to say,
more and more survival potential. And the technology at the same time was getting better, of
course, but it was being better applied. Don't you see? We're running an exact reverse curve.
Well, we could keep this up for a long, long while. We could go on our gradient scale and to
some degree individually and otherwise, why, we will go on our gradient scale. But if we
suddenly start expanding organizations, we are reaching straight out into that raw, tumultuous
mass called the public. We're reaching straight out into a society that has never looked so good
and was quite so bad.

In other words, we had to have some kind of weapons, some kind of tools, to extend our reach
so we could get our job done in time. Now, all we had to do was extend our reach. Now, how
does a Scientology executive extend his reach? How does a Scientology staff member extend
his reach? How is he able

to hold more people still so that they can get processed? How is he able to do this?

Well, I found out another factor-and this is, by the way, the key factor that influences this: I
found out that as people moved on up toward OT that a certain disdain occurred. Well, it ceases
to be important, any more than you might consider it important to kick over an ant heap. If
things got too annoying or something like that, somebody is going to bite. Do you follow me?
Somebody is going to bite. So I started to design ethics when I saw that it was going to be
necessary that people take orderly bites. You see, we've got to take orderly bites.

For instance, before picking up the Capitol at Washington, and turning it around on its base
and setting it down again, you'd damn well better give somebody a Comm Ev. Let's be legal
about it. Now, that sounds utterly incredible, doesn't it? And yet you really are looking at
something like that. It doesn't matter whether it is within your range of reality or not. Just
envision it as a possibility-no matter how fancy this might be; but still consider it as a
possibility-that if beings became more and more powerful and they became annoyed about
something and started to straighten something up, they're liable to straighten them up with such
thoroughness that hardly anybody'd ever recover. Do you understand?

And-this is the other missing factor-unless they have some orderly method of straightening
things up, they will take it upon themselves to straighten them up in their own jolly good way,
and it'll make one hell of a mess. Now, there was the entrance point of ethics. I don't say,
then, that an OT should be under justice; no, he must have some orderly, agreed-upon
communication line by which he does something.

For instance, I'm in an argument right now with Washington, DC, on one simple fact: Our
attorney there is absolutely aghast at the declaration of Lyndon Johnson as a suppressive
person. He says this won't do at all. Well, I don't know, the guy is all over our backs. I think
he's suppressive. He hadn't called off the FDA; we're having to do it ourselves. We're having
to go over and undo practically half the government to get the FDA undone. You're not
kidding; we are. They're doing a beautiful job over in Washington, John Fudge and the rest of
them, and so on. They do a beautiful job. Not only do they have a Senate investigation of
Health, Education and Welfare and the FDA going-which probably will cost the FDA the bulk
of its appropriations and may kick the head out-but as soon as that's over the House is going
to investigate the FDA.

They're already using our terms in the courts there when they discuss the matter. The suit is
only stated in the exact same terms which you could care to find in the policy letter which I
wrote to cover it when it originally occurred. And the terms which occur in those policy letters
and so forth are now part of U.S. court pronouncements. So, we can reach.

And, of course, I was just joking. I did suggest, you see, however, that the president of the
United States should at least be given an amnesty. And that we'd do this thing in an orderly
fashion. And I really didn't see any reason why you couldn't consider him suppressive if he
was trying to wipe out our organization by not calling off his dogs. I thought that was some of
his responsibility.

But our attorney says that this would make the president mad. Now, it's interesting that this is
not contested by our attorneys because it is silly Now, our attorneys down in Victoria-we're
being less successful in this argument. We're arguing back and forth, but now a rather soft
approach is being used on this and we're trying to get it done.

Let me ask you this burning question-let me ask you this burning question: Are you for just
shooting somebody down without warning or do you want ethics? See? That's the question.
Now, what are you in favor of: the kind of law that just freakishly and like the thunder and
lightning all of a sudden strikes down anybody in sight? Or is it the kind of law that you say,
"Here is the path. Narrow as it may seem, you try to take Scientology out of the running and
that's off the edge of the path. And if you have done that, things are now going to happen. And
we do them in a very legal fashion." In other words, we have no illegal hangings. Every one of
our hangings is legally done. You get the idea? There's always thirteen turns in that hangman's
noose. See, there's always thirteen steps to that gallows. In other words, even a blind man
would find out after a while that he was being warned. You get the idea?

Now, this doesn't happen to be for me. I can handle you guys. I can handle a lot more. But
what am I supposed to do, stand around here as the only cop?

Now, right now what you've got in essence is a little system of ethics which is being adjusted
in actual use-being adjusted and its procedures are being looked over. And it's working very,
very nicely. And of course, it isn't too different than what we've been doing, but it's being
done on a scheduled action, and it is effective. And the only reason it's there is to hold things
quiet until technology can be gotten in. All right. Very good.

In acting along these particular lines, we of course have it rattling around inside organizations,
rattling around Scientologists. I imagine there are two or three people here on staff right now
that probably in the last twenty-four hours have seen an Ethics Report handed in on them of
one kind or another. Just some executive handed in an ethics report on them, see? "Did
willfully and knowingly upset the ashtray all over my shoes." They're becoming used to the
tools of the thing, and with familiarity they will then be able to use it sensibly.

They're now finding out how much shock you can give somebody with Scientology ethics. It
is a brutal dose, man, when it's shoved all the way home. And they find out how lightly it has
to be used. The lightness of use is fantastic.

For instance, we have had somebody who worked at Saint Hill here, as a cleaner for many
years, and no amount of talking to her, no amount of persuasion by others, has caused her to
find out that there was an organization present or there was any kind of an organization going
on. She just works for Mary Sue and myself And she goes on and she does all this work and
so forth, and if anybody else talks to her, why, she goes up in a screaming fit. Well now,
you'd expect ethics would upset somebody like that, but quite on the contrary. I turned her in
the other day for a scarred frame on a door. Obviously some heavy piece of furniture had been
slammed against the door like an elephant butting into it-something very undelicate. And I
wrote out an ethics chit and, of course, sent her her copy.

Now, you would have thought she'd have blown, screamed and so forth. She very nicely then
answered up on the thing and stated that it had been done by workmen when they were moving
furniture up on that floor. And she did identify it, and so forth, and so help me Pete, today
turned in a damage report on a broken curtain cord that she had found in the house and
forwarded it to Ethics. From a person who a very short time ago just considered that we were
all a lot of nuts, that was an awful upgrade of case.

No, if you're going to handle things in your immediate environment, if you're going to handle
this mass of public out here, if you're going to handle raw meat and all of its suppressions and
potential trouble sources and all the rest of this, and the various ills that we run into when we
handle these people, you're going to need weapons with which to do it. You start funneling
them into the organization and this guy says, "Nyah-yah-yah," and he starts knocking around,
"Wrrh-wrrh-wrrh-wrrh." Well, if you have any familiarity with this thing called ethics, you'll
be able to tap him on the shoulder and he won't "Yah-yahyah." At least, if he does, he'll "Yah-
yah-yah" someplace else. You understand?

Now, you would be surprised what this does technically, how it backs up your technical.
Now, here at Saint Hill-in our new activity which we call an HGC and which we had no
public pcs for to amount to anything so we constituted a Qualifications Division here at Saint
Hill-we put our Technical Division together and then put our Qualifications Division together.
And what's going together right now is the Qualifications Division in full. When we get the
Qualifications Division in full again, we'll come back to the Technical Division and put it
together again more broadly, don't you see? We'll play it against these two factors. What's
getting all the attention right now is the Qualifications Division.

Now, in the handling of these various lines, it is simply putting up channels for people to travel
on. Now, if you are going to do your job at all, you are going to have to have some way to
route and handle without getting into an altercation every time you said "Boo."

Now, in this HGC that we had running and so forth, we had two persons now, so far, that
would have just baffled a D of P to the end of time. The D of P just would have gone around
holding his head in his hands and wondering what to do, and he would have been sending a
cable to Saint Hill or something like this. And he just would have been worried about this, and
so forth. He wouldn't have known what to do. Because those were spook cases, those two
cases. They ran like a dream, got tone arm action; they went outside and collapsed.

Now, one is collapsing on a highly cyclic basis. He's up on Tuesday and down on
Wednesday, see? Three days ago he's telling somebody how bad off he is, but just today
there's a despatch in saying how he's just found out his chest and asthma have cleared up.
Well, you can absolutely count on the fact that within thirty-six hours it's how bad off he is
again. This case is a roller-coaster case.

What is a roller-coaster case? This is your technical advance: Your roller-coaster case is a
potential trouble source and just on the other side of him there is a suppressive person
invalidating his gains. And that suppressive person was always out of our view before, and we
could just hold our heads in our hands saying, "Why does that guy get so good and get so bad?
And how does he go up and down? Well, I'll audit him some more." The onething you must
never do is audit a potential trouble source. He's never going to get any better-not until he's
labeled as a potential trouble source and told to disconnect or handle. He's going to go bzzzzzz-
zzz. And actually it's an awful mess because, by the fact he's getting better, he then becomes
such a threat to the suppressive person that he just gets done in. His environment becomes
absolutely unlivable. To the degree that he makes progress, the pressure has got to come back
against him, and you're just killing the guy. The better you make him, the more he's going to
be hit from the other side.

And sometimes, well, you don't even know the identity of this person, see? So you see a case
going bzzzz-bzzzz-zu. What is this? He was in wonderful shape when he left your auditing
room, terrible shape on Tuesday. Then he comes back and you give him a little assist, see?

Now he's fine on Wednesday. On Friday you meet a friend of yours and he'll say, "You know
that pc of yours. Well, he was threatening to commit suicide last night, and they had to call in
the police."

"What in the name of God is going on?" you'd think. See? Big mystery created. You'd blame it
on your auditing-what had you done? You'd blame it on the technology you were using.
Didn't have any relationship to it at all. Just on the other side of this boy and out of the sight of
the auditor was a suppressive. Now, how are you going to handle the suppressive? Well,
you'd certainly better label him one way or the other. Now, nobody is handling this person,
and they're stark staring mad. What do we do with this guy? How do we handle this bird?

Well, how we handle him is, by George, you better not go on processing that fellow. You
better not, because you'll make him worse. No matter what you do about it, you'll make him
worse. It's not that your technology isn't working. That's the trouble: it is! You're spoiling
somebody's total Svengali control here. And the harder you push at it and the better you make
him- you could wind him right up, you know, with cyanide pills in the coffee. You
understand? You're putting him in grave danger of his life.

So, what's the nice thing to do? He's always had this problem around him, but nobody ever
said, "Your problem, fella. Do something about it." See, so you give him a little policy letter on
the subject of the potential trouble source, and it tells him what he's got to do.

You don't even have to issue an Ethics Order on such an action unless- watch this now-
unless technology doesn't go in. See? In other words, if we can get technology in, short of
shooting somebody, we will. You see? But supposing he starts going "Yow-yow-yow," and
so forth, and "Poor Agnes. She has a perfect right to berate me because I am such a dog." Boy,
this guy is caved in, isn't he? Now, he says, "Well, if you won't process me, I guess, I will
just have to leave Scientology too, to go off in my own way with Agnes." One Agnes-a
suppressive person. One pc a . . . not just a PTS now: he elected himself out.

In other words, the degree of action which you can put against him to straighten out the
situation is quite considerable.

Now, the normal action would be to tip somebody off on this, even with an Ethics Order. This
is quite a normal action, not the preferred or the ordinary procedure. I'm just saying it's just
one that could be done. Cases vary. You would say, "Now, you know, you're going to be
labeled a PTS, a potential trouble source, here. And if you can just get your wife in before she
is labeled a suppressive person, she can be processed. But after that point, why, we couldn't
touch her-if it goes this far and there's a lot of trouble in this. So why don't you get her over
here and get her audited." Now, frankly, you wouldn't be able to do this in an organization
which was just teaching and processing up to Level One. Because suppressives, let me tell you
by experience, are pretty crazy. You understand? Their normal run.

Now, if a person isn't very crazy, you hand the label to him-he'll straighten out; he can see
the light. But if he's real crazy, man, he can't see anything. He's just got to fight. Well, if you
knew what he was fighting, you wouldn't feel so sorry for him.

He's back there on the track a few trillion years fighting the Ugbugs. He's solving a present
time problem which hasn't in actual fact existed for the last many trillenia in most cases, and yet
he is taking the actions in present time which solved that problem with the Ugbugs.

What the devil is that all about? Well, it's the guy is totally stuck in present time. He's got
99.999999999 percent of his attention units are at some past period of the track-an exact,
precise past period of the track. And in that precise, exact instant he is fighting off something
and is trying to handle something by some means, and those are the means and practices which
he is using in present time. He does not have any problem with you; you do not have any
problem with him at all-none! You aren't back there where he is, and he isn't up where you
are. Now, you can assume there are problems, but that isn't the problem he's trying to solve.

And that is the whole anatomy of psychosis, and I knew we would find it someday. That's the
whole anatomy: They're just stuck on the backtrack with 99.999 percent. . . And they're trying
to give the person poison before they can be strangled themselves. So they've got to go around
and they've got to give everybody poison, see? And then they reclassify poison because that is
too direct, see? By cross association, identification and so forth, why, then they've got to do
something to get somebody to do something. And it just . . . you see? And it just adds all up
and everything becomes everything, and associative restimulators are all over the place. And
they're actually performing this same action. They're performing this same action. So of
course, you try to help this person, he misidentifies you at once just like a mad dog does. You
extend any help in his direction and he bites you. Of course, he'd bite anybody that came
anywhere near him. Why? The guy is stuck on the backtrack and the flying-saucer pilots are
getting him, don't you see?

Anybody that approaches him or tries to have any effect upon him of any kind whatsoever is
immediately and instantly identified as a flying-saucer person or something of the sort, and
therefore has to be shot down in flames and killed, and so on. He's just defending himself in
some mad insanity against things that are no longer there. And it's just . . . so on.

And he falls into several categories as he does this, and they're very short and all that material
is at Class VII.

But the action here that he is trying to do is mistimed. That is to say, it wasn't successful back
then, but he's still trying to do it now. Only he's trying to pull it on you. So your effort to
solve his problems do not in actual fact solve the problem he is in, because he's in a problem
with somebody that hasn't got anything to do with you.

Now, you could blame yourself and say, "I wonder why I'm having so many problems with
this person?" when in actual sober fact you aren't having any problems with this person.
You're not even giving that person any problems. Do you see? No, he's just fighting off this
chimera.

Now, another thing is, is when he is driven down to the first dynamic to that degree, he of
course then will attempt to solve things by knocking off everyone else. That's a perfectly good
solution: the way to live is to kill everybody. So if he sees anybody getting any stronger or any
better, he goes stark staring mad. This is the one thing which mustn't happen! Nobody must
get better because these flying-saucer pilots, if they got any stronger, they'd be able to get him!
So nobody must get any better. That's the one thing that mustn't happen.

So Scientology will get it right in the teeth the better we get, you see? You may think-you
may think that the saving grace of Scientology is for everybody to know that it works instantly
and immediately and just goes fine. Oh, no, no, no. That is the moment when you had better
start watching out. We've gotten by so far because it is well known that we're complete frauds.
It's almost as if I designed it that way.

Well, right now we're about to stick our necks out. We can handle anything that breathes-
rapidly and immediately. We can push somebody up to Clear, and we can push them up to OT.
Here we sit. We've got the technology. We have the organizational technology. And as we start
to expand and we start to have a broad, dramatic effect upon the community. . . Already we're
within an inch of it. We're receiving a bid, and are in receipt of a bid, that is from the vicinity
of the United Nations to train Scientologists for it. Very interesting. International City is being
listened to. The only organization I wrote it for was the United Nations. You've never seen me
mention it since. I knew sooner or later they'd tangle up with it because they haven't got any
other solution. They've tangled.

Now, organizations start beefing up and getting big and sassy, and their pricing range and
amount of service and that sort of thing starts to improve. Now, I'm not trying to run through
just public. We've got to retrain psychologists, psychiatrists, doctors. We've got to train them.

We got to handle them. Some of those guys are pretty batty. Fortunately for us they're not all
crazy, but some of them are real crazy.

How do we handle them? Are we going to sit around and argue ourselves deaf, dumb and blind
about how we are not actually trying to hang them from the local rafter, that our process is an
entirely different thing? Do we go on exhausting all of our energies on the more suppressive
members of the society? Or do you expend those same valuable energies upon the broader body
of the society? Which do we do? Well, we certainly had better get out of the road the boys who
want to stop us, because they're not trying to be convinced; they're just trying to stop you. If
you made those flying-saucer pilots any stronger, man, they'd have it. See, they know-they
know-what's dangerous, and that's people who get any bigger or tougher, because after all
they're in this terrible state of having to fight off all these people, and very hard to do being
followed by a green alligator.

You haven't had much experience yet on this Level Chart. We haven't actually given you much
data about it. But as you start to put that together-and certainly those of you who move into
Level VII-you're going to be aghast! You're going to be aghast at how wrong you have been.
You have been wrong. You've been wrong right along with me. You've considered the insane
portion of the society lower than it was. It's very, very high!

And you start running right down amongst the grass roots on these people, and you find out
what they really think and what they've really been up to all the time they were walking around
wearing their cute little old lady's bonnet-krdrdrdrd!-and life is going to be to you a much
more exposed affair. And people are going to stretch out there, and the sheep and the goats are
going to be looking different. And you're going to find out that some of these people that you
had a little bit of trouble with and you thought they were just kind of a tough case-if you ever
go back and process one of those guys, your hair will stand on end. A tough case? What the
hell were you doing in the same room with a gorilla ? We've gone through one of these periods
of finding out more about man and mankind, and of course we couldn't crack the back of
what's the anatomy of insanity. And we know that now. And if you recall or look over
literature and so forth of those days, I said the one thing you could understand about insanity is
that we didn't know anything about it and it was incomprehensible, and that was the thing you
could understand about insanity. And we left it parked there.

Well, we've gone on to this point, and I can tell you down to a gnat's eyebrow of what insanity
is, see? Insanity is now comprehensible, totally comprehensible. I've just described it to you.
You didn't find that very complicated, did you? Guy is stuck on the time track fighting off the
werewolves. Ha-ha. It's not my guess, man; it's not my guess. That's subjected to processing
proof that happens right before your eyes at VII-pow! There he is- boom! And that's the
end of that process. You see?

In Dianetics, we were trying to run the track-we were trying to run the whole track and trying
to make the track be good and so forth. We've moved so far in fifteen years that what might
have taken us thousands and thousands of hours of very good processing can now be done in
less than fifty with total positiveness on an insane pc. That's progress.

You hit the society with that, you better damn well have the organization, you better damn well
have the training, you better damn well have the ethics to back you up. Adrdrdrdr! Talk about
jumping into the tiger's mouth to see if he has halitosis. I don't fancy myself in the role of
having to be the only one who can bring any order, the only one who can straighten up
something, the only one . . . You know, that "only one" gets tiresome after a while, you
know? Of course, it would at once be a lie to say I didn't do the work, but would also be an
imposition to say I was the only one who could then ever do anything. You see, these two
points are different. So if I have any trouble at any time handling some suppressive at five or
six thousand miles, I'm sure some executive someplace is having trouble handling him on the
other side of the desk. So I've tried to give him weapons with which he could handle this
situation. And those weapons are fitted well technically.

A potential trouble source does behave that way. A suppressed person is in that condition. If
you label the person, you can resolve the situation and get technology in. If you don't label
them and don't call a spade a spade, you will never get the technology in. If you don't clear the
way for technology and use it to get technology in, it's going to take you many times as long to
get the technology in so it speeds it up.

How long does an ethics action last? An ethics action lasts until technology is in. Elementary.
How much ethics do you use? You use enough ethics to get technology in. When do you stop
an ethics action? Well, you stop it when you've got technology in. This is very elementary and
very funny because somewhere along the line you're going to have somebody complaining
about all these unfinished cycles of action. Somebody is going to complain about them, but
he'd be a fool if he did.

There's been an interrogation madly in progress. There have been interrogatories going out to
this or that and the other thing. There is data being amassed. There's stuff being put in folders;
there's programs of a whole investigation of this and that is going forward. There's paper,
paper, paper, paper, piling up here, and there's more work being done. And a Comm Ev has
now been formed up, and they're busy choosing interested parties to this Comm Ev, and so
forth. And all of a sudden you don't hear anything about it anymore at all. It's just dead
vacuum. What happened to all this?

Technology got in. You understand? What was all that doingness? Well, that doingness was
going to go all along and mountain up higher and higher and higher until technology finally got
in somewhere along the line. You see? It's total planning.

And I'll tell you the awfulest thing you ever saw in your life. Terrible thing has just occurred.
Lives are being blasted. Ruin stares many people in the face. In the London area at this exact
moment there's a long, long list of interested parties that contain amongst them several very
suppressive people, and some who are just there for witness purposes. Oh, it's a very serious
affair. It's a Committee of Evidence to obtain data on the spreaders of false and malicious
rumors so that they can be sued by the Association for redress and damages. And that moved
right out into civil law, didn't it? In other words, that's a Committee of Evidence married up
with civil law. And it means business too. If it doesn't settle down, why, it'll go on
proceeding, don't you see?

But what actually is occurring? Poor little old HCO up there has been just knocked around by
suppressives until it doesn't know whether it's coming or going. So I just used this mechanism
to say, "Down, dog. Let's have a nice quiet, quiet area while we get HASI London put back
together again." And we'll fix it up so that the people who are talking will have to shut up,
because otherwise they're going to be reported to become interested parties in this forming
Committee of Evidence, and that's liable to go on for months. And it's true; that will happen!
See, there's no fake about it.

But to show you how bad it is: Since HCO has been putting it in up there-putting ethics in-
and straightening it up, straightening it up, straightening it up, they've been on a steady
increase, and they've been on a sufficiently steady increase that they are now the first org out of
an Emergency area. Isn't that interesting? And they're going to have the ten, fifteen people that
are stark staring nuts in the London area-out of all of those millions of people in London, you
see, there's only this little handful-and they're just going to be as quiet as a smothered bird.
Going to be real quiet. And during their quietude, technology will get in.

It's all very interesting, because it's all very serious, and yes, it could go right on through to a
final conclusion that did blast this, that and the other thing, and would blow up most anything.
But, it's a question, then, of when this technology will get in well in London. That's the only
question. It's not a question of where does the ethics proceed. That is not the question at all.
It's how long do you have to hold the area down?

Now, maybe, the HCO Sec up in London can breathe. She was being bothered the last couple
of days a lot by interested parties calling in and saying they were innocent and hadn't said
anything, and nobody was saying anything, and everything was awful quiet where they
were!-which I thought was a very healthy sign.

You would be surprised how psychopathic some of these things can be because proceeding
from a psychopath, of course, they're psychopathic.

You have no idea some of the rumors that go around-or maybe you do. They're utterly
fantastic. It's all the more incredible because how the hell would I have time to do these things?
How the hell would anybody have time to do these things? Here I am at work, hammer and
tongs, turning out bulletins and plans, handling despatches, and roaring it up, and trying to
form up this and straighten up that and so forth-and somebody thinks I've got time for some
of these other actions. Tshuth! They compliment me.

And here's probably the only outfit that ever hit this planet that meant exactly what it said, and
was doing exactly what it was doing, and was doing exactly nothing else, and was achieving
its targets right straight along the line-pow! pow! pow! And this organization is guilty
of"Yak-yak-yak-yak-yak and yak-yak-yak-yak-yak. And the other day, yek-yek-yek-yek-
yoh"?

I fortunately have some knowledge of the psychopathic personality and what he will do and
imagine, but it's sometimes very peculiar how they can dream it up.

One of them the other day-very interesting, up in London-I'll just tell you this little aside
and so forth. Boy, he had everybody-oh, these big generalities, you see-he had everybody
in East Grinstead was suing Saint Hill because Saint Hill was totally broke, you see, and our
accounts were all in bad shape and everything was bad. You see, big great generality.

Saint Hill is absolutely paid right up to the notch. The only suits in progress at the present
moment are those that we're leveling to collect a little money from some private persons that
owe us some dough, not even Scientologists.

You never saw a happier, more prosperous picture. You never saw a public atmosphere around
and about that was calmer, see? But this guy is saying, "And it's all in a jam. And do you
know what it's about? And my authority is my attorneys which are down in East Grinstead and
mur-hur-hur and mer-hur-hur-hur-hur." Oh, he's just having a ball, see?

So the other day they lowered a slight boom on this particular direction and they called a spade
a spade, and he was put as part of that Comm Ev up in London. And you know, he came in
and told the people that he had told all this to, who had sat and listened to him and taken the
notes on it, that he had never said anything like that before in his life; he had never mentioned
it.

Well, what people would miss about this: he believes that. He believes that, just as he himself
never said it in the first place. It was some circuit. See? Why, of course, now, he says with
perfect truth that he never said it. That's true. How the hell could he say anything? He hadn't
been there for seven trillion years.

Well, anyway, when we haven't got things straightened out along on the new org board and a
few things like that, you see more of ethics internally in organizations than you might ordinarily
see. When you're sitting out along one of these organizational channels one day, you will just
thank your stars. You're sitting there maybe as an Examiner and so forth, and some student
will come in and fly up in your face, and so forth. And all you told him is he'd better study his
E-Meter a little bit harder. And he just takes your head off and practically... so forth. And at
that moment it's a choice between restraining yourself from frying his brains and sending a chit
to Ethics so it will accumulate in his file. And I think you'll be very happy to send a little chit to
Ethics and say, "Doakes. Discourtesy to Examiner. Ethics."

Of course, nothing happens to Doakes. In actual fact nothing will happen to Doakes for days or
weeks. But sooner or later somebody will decide that it's too enturbulent right now in that
particular course and so they'll go look in the ethics files, and they add them all up, and they
find one nice, fat file, and they feel they need a head on a pike, so there's Doakes. There's his
head on a pike.

Now, we find out that all during this time that it wasn't hit or miss or by chance and so forth.
We find out he in actual fact hasn't been making any progress, and it was actually damned
lucky for us that we found out about it now, because we can do something about it.

So anyway, you'll find out that the organization will run as long as it has channels, and as long
as the particles on those channels don't carom off the sides of the channels and collide with the
working parts of the organization. Now, if you can bring that about, then you can have an
organization that has a total capability of pouring through it practically the whole human race.

In the absence of holding the sides of the channel, being able to remove the barriers to
progress-in the absence of such a tool-why, you just couldn't ever work up to volume.
Everything has to be handled on such a tiny, particularized, individual basis, and people are
caving in, and you have to replace your Registrar every three months because the public impact
wears her out, don't you see? That sort of thing. Well, you don't need that sort of thing as it
goes.

I'm sure that the boys with the more entheta look at life have got it all figured out that we've all
gone stark staring mad, you see, with all this justice. No, we're just having a little fun with
justice just now, and when we learn about it, why, we'll be able to control a fairly wide sphere
of public in such a way that they don't all get destroyed. That's the main danger. The main
danger to them is not Ethics; it's having their silly heads blown off because they make
somebody mad, see-not me. I wouldn't blow their heads off, but I can't guarantee somebody
else won't.

There's more or less the way that things fit together these days. Here's the direction that we're
going. As a matter of fact, it's probably-with your heads stuck down amongst the textbooks,
wrapped around in the environment with various particles flying around and handling all sorts
of small problems and that sort of thing, it may sometimes look like you're not really moving
or going anyplace, or things are happening which are very poor indeed, and so forth.

Well, you just take a bit of an overall look at the situation and you find out that it's pretty
darned fantastic. The only thing that's wrong with Scientology these days is the advances are
quite unbelievable. Nobody could do this in fifteen years. It's not possible.

You're going to see a Scientology, in size and so forth, which compares to some of your very
large industries in the not-distant future. You will have amongst you not just Scientologists;
you're going to have to fall back on a lot of wog, man. You can't make Scientologists that fast
and use them in admin. It wouldn't be possible.

Yeah, well, you could give them a Beginning Scientology Course, and you could do that.
Well, here at Saint Hill I've already piloted the operation. I've been working alongside of non-
Scientologists on staff for quite a while, and it's very easy to do as long as you have discipline
in when they begin. You got to have discipline in when they begin and let them go along with
it, and let them know something about it and handle it, and handle it in a disciplined fashion. If
you do that you don't get into any trouble with a non-Scientologist. He knows where he
stands, he knows what the score is, and he'll work. He'll work very nicely, and a Scientologist
can work right alongside of him. As a matter of fact if he happens to be stark staring mad-I
do mean that advisedly-of course, you'll have some collision, because you always do. But in
actual fact, over a period here of six years, easily 70, 80 percent of the work at Saint Hill has
been done by non-Scientologists who didn't know anything about it at all.

So in your large Central Organizations you'll find out the Technical and Qualifications
Division, your upper executive levels and so forth-they'll be actually totally composed of
trained personnel. But then even in those divisions, all of your clerical actions, everything
connected with filing and typing and keeping address plates, and putting things together, and
all of the types of clerical actions you can shake a stick at, lots of professions that you could
name, will be mixed up in that organization. Well, it has to be kept and straightened out, and
that organization has to be straightened out too. That's been one of the little things that has been
very hard in putting together the org board: How do you put together an org board that doesn't
take a Scientologist to keep it straight? See?

And that's one of the things that's been solved in relationship to this because that takes a
considerable amount of discipline. They find out the discipline is much better than the one in
the factory which they just left. But if you don't have any discipline at all, they just collapse.
They feel they've-that you're soft in the head or something, and they don't know what to
make you out. They walk around. They haven't got any walls to bump into. They're very used
to disciplinary walls, you see? Unless you give them some they feel quite disturbed and quite
lost and quite unsafe actually.

So we've piloted this out. So that's one of the factors of expansion.

And then you're expanding into a public where law and order has actually ceased to exist.
Today you could no more get a person arrested for stealing your pocketbook than you could fly
to the moon on a washboard. If the cop did arrest him, he probably wouldn't even bother to
take him in front of the Magistrate's Court. You would just be very interested if you wanted to
talk to the police. This isn't being advertised, of course; it just happens to be deadly true.
You're walking out into a society that is losing its grip on order, and it's a pretty poor show.

Now, you've got the additional fact that when you put in a stable datum, enturbulence will
blow off Well, let's not get all the enturbulence in our teeth; let somebody else have it in their
teeth too.

The net result of what we're doing is trying to make an orderly show for the future. Those of
you who are aboard at this particular time-on course, for instance-may not sometimes feel
that you are handled with all the gentleness that you might be handled, that you're maybe
yanked into this pattern and yanked into that pattern and so forth. And I don't come out and
hold your hand. It's not that I don't want to talk to you-a long way from it, and so forth. I
miss talking to you. As heavily as my schedule is put together, it's almost impossible for me to
turn around twice. I have to economize and only turn around once.

The main thing about it is, is I do get individual reports on this, that and the other thing that's
going on. I know about where you sit and know just about what the score is. And you'll find at
this moment a Sec ED is transferring those students who have been on a slow drag over a
considerable period of time into a special completion unit under Review, at no cost to
themselves, which pulls them off of the lines, puts them back on the original checksheets
they're on so they can finish that with a cycle of action and get what they came for and also
have their cases straightened out and be terminated. That, of course, unmatches the unmatched
particle flow. In other words, the student who has lagged behind.

We've had a unit on Emergency and this is more or less the way I'm ending the Emergency.
You might say, we're pretty well ending the unit. The machine now, you might say, is geared
to take a certain particle flow of students along a certain particular line. Well, those who have
been dragging are certainly going to get less attention unless they are given some special
attention on this, and those that are overdue up into the next slots and so forth had better be
handled. Well, the place to handle that is Qualifications Division because it corrects what's
going on, on the assembly line. Don't you see? It takes things that can't run on the assembly
line and puts them over and handles these. And that'll probably be taking place here tomorrow
morning. The next day there will be a mad scramble on this. But all the whole action is, I've
seen here very plainly that there are certain people who just plainly would never finish up at all

unless they're given some specialized attention on the thing. And I don't intend to lose them.
We need every auditor we've got.

You see changes like this. Sometimes you don't see the overall picture, and it's a little bit hard
to understand, and it sometimes works some privation or upset on you once in a while,
something like that. Well, I'm not trying to tell you it's all for the best in this best of all
possible worlds, because that would tell you at the same time that I never make any mistakes.
No, I don't work on that formula at all. I just try to be right far more often than I'm wrong, and
then I consider if that's that and then we take care of that, then it will somehow or another work
out. It's highly satisfactory in the final analysis. It's not so satisfactory, of course, when you
happen to be the one who gets caught in the wrong solution.

But there's always, of course, one thing you can count on: I'm the first one to change it when I
find out it's wrong.

Well, anyway, I wish you lots of success with this new lineup and with the new unit that you'll
be moved over onto. And I'm officially as of this moment ending the Emergency on Unit C
without shooting anybody in flames. It's been a lecture more or less on organization and ethics
and how those things compare to each other and what their actual use is. And I hope you can
benefit from it to some degree.

Thank you very much.
Professional auditing in any place on the planet http://timecops.net/english.html http://0-48.ru https://www.facebook.com/Galactic_Patro ... 206965424/ Auditor class X, skype: timecops
Ответить

Вернуться в «L Ron Hubbard original LECTIONS, TAPES»